Mission and Vision
Park Heights is more than a geographically organized collection of streets — it is a community of people who, though highly diverse in terms of age, family type, economic status and other social characteristics, share a common aspiration to rebuild a community that offers enhanced quality of life and economic opportunity.
From the community-based planning process, a renewed vision for Park Heights emerged that embodies these facets:
- A community of physical and social well-being — shared by healthy people who work together, with safe streets, houses, parks and a wide spectrum of neighborhood institutions and services.
- A community of character — graced by signature main streets, notable gateways, attractive residential blocks and a new generation of beautiful civic and commercial buildings surrounded by public spaces.
- A community of opportunity — one that attracts private investment, which in turn generates economic opportunity and advancement for all residents and businesses.
- A healthy community, defined by:
- A safe, nurturing environment for children and youth.
- Strong, committed and principled leadership.
- A vital, diverse local economy.
- Residents who are gainfully employed and able to meet their family’s financial needs.
- Residents who are empowered, informed, educated and actively involved.
- Safe and affordable housing.
- Cleanliness and orderliness.