Service changes in Baltimore City. Offices closed for City and County customers planning to visit to pay bills, etc.
BALTIMORE, MD – Department of Public Works Director Rudolph S. Chow, P.E., reminds Baltimore City residents that Christmas Day and New Year’s Day are City holidays. Department of Public Works’ offices and yards will be CLOSED on Friday, December 25, 2015, and Friday, January 1, 2016.
- Trash and recycling will NOT be collected. Saturday, December 26, 2015, and Saturday, January 2, 2016, will be the make-up collection days for trash and recycling in those areas that are regularly scheduled for collection on Friday.
- NO bulk trash collections are scheduled.
- Drop-off centers and yards will be CLOSED (all yards, including Quarantine Road Landfill, the Northwest Transfer Station and the Eastern, Western and Northwest Citizen Convenience Centers).
- Mechanical street sweeping will NOT take place.
- Parking meters will NOT be in effect.
NOTE: Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve ARE NOT City holidays. DPW offices are open, and normal operations will take place on Thursday, December 24, and Thursday, December 31.
Please remember to recycle your holiday wrappings and beverage containers from your seasonal gatherings. Paper, cardboard, glass and plastic bottles and jars, aluminum and metal cans, and even Styrofoam (drop-off only), are among these recyclables.
To learn more about Baltimore City recycling please go to: http://publicworks.baltimorecity.gov/Rec….
For more information about DPW’s holiday closures and service interruptions, please consult your Public Works Calendar or go to http://publicworks.baltimorecity.gov/.