Park Heights Renaissance, Inc. (PHR) is a 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is the revitalization of Baltimore’s Park Heights community, which comprises 12 distinct neighborhoods and more than 30,000 residents. A young and dynamic organization, PHR is implementing a master plan for the community that includes housing development, commercial redevelopment, community capacity building and outreach, and human development. The activities of PHR are grouped into two divisions: Economic & Community Development, and Community & Human Development.
EXPECTATION OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
Employees will support the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community and accountability and ownership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Input and maintain annual organizational and programmatic budgets into Quickbooks
- Prepare monthly or quarterly invoices for grantors or funding partners
- Enter and code deposits to the appropriate grants
- Record payroll journal entries
- Record debit card transactions
- Record deposits and grant receipts and determine if they’re restricted or unrestricted funds
- Record month end journal entries for prepaid, deferred revenue, and fixed assets/depreciation
- Record vendor invoices and assign to appropriate grant(s)
- Maintain vendors in QuickBooks and ensure collection of all W-9 and supporting documentation
- Print checks for vendor invoices on a weekly basis or as necessary
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly to ensure accuracy
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Maintain a summary of all grant reporting requirements, including forms and submission dates
- Complete grant specific template and review with appropriate staff or Executive Director for approval before submission
- Place collection calls for outstanding grant payments
- Provide monthly organizational and programmatic financial schedules and reports for management review
Supporting the mission and goals of PHR
- Attends staff meetings meetings, trainings, events and professional development as necessary and required
- Other duties as required by the by PHR senior staff
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The salary for this full time is commensurate with experience. We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
The successful candidate must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or finance and a minimum of five years of experience in the field of accounting, specifically working with non-profits.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and finance related technology solutions including QuickBooks as well as strong competency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience developing standards, analyzing information , dealing with complex reporting, and the ability to exercise the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English
- Data entry skills, pay attention to detail and organizational skills
- Certified CPA designation is helpful, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a copy of your resume, by Wednesday, December 23, 2015, to:
Mary Blackwell, Office Manager
Park Heights Renaissance
3939 Reisterstown Road, Suite 268, Baltimore, MD 21215
Subject: Resume for Bookkeeper I
NO CALLS PLEASE.
PHR is an equal opportunity employer and is open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity and national origin, age gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religious affiliation.